Business Cards

 Business Cards




For my business cards that I created on InDesign, I wanted to go with a color scheme of my favorite colors. The colors I chose were turquoise and dark gray white accents. I wanted to play around with geometric shapes, curved lines, and different fonts.  I hadn't used InDesign before, so I wasn't sure how I would go through the process of creating these cards. I had watched different tutorials on InDesign to become familiar with it. The tutorials showed me how InDesign is actually rather simple to work with. 

To begin my process of creating these business cards, I began by making some sketches of ideas I had. For my business cards, I wanted to create a vertical business card. I did this because you don't see them too often. I love how unconventional and unique they are. As for my different styles, I wanted to experiment with different shapes. I wanted to keep a similar layout for each of my cards. I  really find the layout of the font to be appealing. For the backs of my cars, I wanted to keep it simple with the logo, card design, and website at the bottom. My favorite of the cards would be my second design. I really like the middle white box which has the company name, B-Flat Media, with the black font. I really think it is appealing and sleek. The hardest of the cards to create was the 3rd design. It was challenging trying to figure out how I wanted the curves to be. It was hard to get the pen tool and the scissors tool to cooperate, but I really like the final product.

This project on InDesign was very enjoyable and simple to me. I found the software to be very user friendly. I felt very comfortable using it as a beginner. I know I will learn more about the software along the way, but I know the basics now. I look forward to using InDesign in the future more often. 

Below are my sketches and each business card.

All fronts of the cards will be on the left while all backs will be on the right. 

Sketches:




Design 1: 







Design 2:




Design 3: 














Comments

  1. Hi Bella, I think that the color combination that you used on your business cards is very cool, but I would have liked to see different colors on the different business cards. I like the different patterns that you used on every card and the simplicity makes it look really good! I really like the logo that you made for yourself and I think it works perfectly on the business cards. My favorite card that you made for this project is the first one because I like the contrast and patterns that you used in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment