Autoscopy

 Autoscopy 






    The picture above is my autoscopy which was created on Photoshop. For the creation of my autoscopy, I began with finding my message and what I wanted my autoscopy to be. I wanted to represent part of myself that I don't show very often. I wanted to represent how much I everything and how I feel that I can't speak on my emotions. I am always overthinking every little thing. I tend to always get lost in my thoughts. I hardly daydream when you may think I am daydreaming. In reality, I am lost in my thoughts. I didn't want to stop at my overthinking because there is more that leads to me overthinking. I always feel that I cannot speak my mind or my feelings to anyone. I always feel like I am trapped from being able to think about those things. 

    For the creation of the image, I started by making a mask of the original image. I then added the scribbles into the background of the image to represent my thoughts being very cluttered. Next, I created a mask out of my forehead before adding the gears, to represent how my mind is always moving and working. I changed the opacity and the blending layer to be able to show my skin tone. I added the stitches onto my mouth to represent how I feel that I cannot speak out on what I am feeling. I added the broken glass onto my sweatshirt and changed the blending layer and opacity to show how damaging all my overthinking can be. I also added the typing of "Make It Stop" to show how I want to stop thinking sometimes. And finally,
I added my tag brush. 


Files Used:












 





Comments

  1. I really like the way you expressed your feelings through this photo. My favorite part is the gears in your head. It helps the viewer know what is going on and how you feel. I also really like the stitches on your mouth. Overall, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job making your message very clear. I love the way you showed the feelings of overthinking with the gears and the scribbles, as well as the feeling of not being about the speak about it through the use of the stitches on your mouth. I also like what you did with your tag brush, the "make it stop" was a nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool project. Production-wise, the way you blended in the glass texture, the gears, and altered the wording to match the fabric of your sweatshirt turned out really well. The message was clear and well communicated, and I felt that it really worked to capture what having anxiety feels like with all of the noise in your head.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment