Propaganda Poster

 



    This propaganda poster is meant to send a message to my generation (gen z) about voting. This is going to be the first Presidential election for my generation. I had just mailed in my ballot for Ohio just before I sat down and created this. For my generation, we are not only voting for a president, we are voting for our future. We need to vote for policies that will better our future. Our country is broken and our world is suffering due to Climate Change. We need to vote for policies that will allow us to have a future, but also a future in which we are heard. 

    I started this poster by tracing a photo I took of myself with the pen tool. I then worked on forming a color scheme. My color scheme is a group of two shades of red, two shades of blue, and white. I wanted to keep it patriotic because the theme is voting. Voting is an act of patriotism. The art style I went for is a minimalist poster. I wanted to get the message of voting across without distracting the viewer. 

    This poster was inspired by a poster that I saw when researching the styles of different posters. The poster I have inserted was created by a high school student named Laura Champion. She was trying to encourage other students at her school to register to vote. I wanted to create a similar poster with a similar message. My generation needs to vote. We need to be heard. It is our future.

   
My Color Palette:


Colors (Left to Right): #FFFFFF, #C61612, #EB4B42, #345AFF, #153E9E


Inspiration Poster by Laura Champion:

https://lwvmissouri.org/2018/11/29/poster-encourages-youth-to-vote/




 
   

Comments

  1. I think this poster came out fantastic. I really like the color pallet you used to make it, not only does it look patriotic but also very eye catching. My suggestion would be to add in your right arm because it is looks like it is missing. Overall it looks great and the message is very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice this at first but I like how you used the stars to show the color palette you used in the bottom right corner. I think the stars in the background brought your entire artwork together. It was a nice touch. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment